IMPORTANT WARNINGS – READ CAREFULLY
THE SAFELET SERVICES ARE NOT REPLACEMENTS FOR 911 OR ANY OTHER PUBLIC EMERGENCY SERVICES. IF YOU ARE IN IMMEDIATE DANGER FROM A MEDICAL EMERGENCY OR IN IMMINENT DANGER OF BEING HURT OR INJURED AS A DIRECT THREAT, CALL 911 AND/OR THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT RELY ON THE SAFELET SERVICES.
The SAFELET devices are NOT intended for individuals younger than 13 years old.
– SAFELET devices are NOT life-saving devices and are not replacements for calling 911 or any other public or private emergency services. If youy are in immediate danger, you should always contact 911 or your local emergency services right away, if you are able. Though SAFELET has the ability to contact emergency services, for a variety of reasons, such ability cannot and is not guaranteed by SAFELET to function each and every time it is activated.
– SAFELET devices work via a Bluetooth® connection to a smartphone and the SAFELET APP.
The SAFELET devices can only work if the SAFELET APP is installed on a smartphone or tablet that is sufficiently charged.
The SAFELET devices can only work if the smartphone or tablet with the SAFELET APP installed is within the Bluetooth range of the SAFELET device.
The SAFELET devices can only work if the smartphone or tablet with the SAFELET APP installed is connected to the internet via a cellular of Wi-Fi connection to be able to send alerts.
– When the SAFELET device alarm is activated, an alert is sent out to the user’s personal GUARDIANS. Think carefully about whom to invite as a personal GUARDIAN. In certain circumstances an alert also may be send to others such as certain nearby SAFELET community members.
Equipment and Usage Warnings
– The SAFELET devices are sensitive electronic products and may be damaged if overheated, dropped, burned, punctured or crushed, or exposed to liquids. Handle the SAFELET devices with care. In the event a SAFELET device becomes damaged, use should be immediately discontinued.
– Do not open a SAFELET device or try to repair it yourself. If your SAFELET device is damaged or malfunctions, contact SAFELET at support@SAFELET.com.
– Do not attempt to replace or fix the battery in the SAFELET device yourself as it may cause overheating and/or injury to you and/or others. The li-po battery in the SAFELET device should be replaced only by SAFELET, and must be recycled or disposed of separately from household waste. Do NOT incinerate the li-po battery.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK; DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
Assumption Of The Risk
You knowingly and voluntarily assume the risks of any environment and/or activity you place yourself in, whether by your own free will or otherwise, while using the SAFELET device and any and all software designed, developed, distributed, and/or otherwise made available by SAFELET, including but not limited to the SAFELET GUARDIANS and first-responder notification mobile software application as well as a built in microphone telecom application for users of the SAFELET device (collectively referred to as the “SAFELET App” or “App”). Always be aware of your surroundings and utilize common sense, even when wearing a SAFELET device as the SAFELET device and App is not a replacement for emergency services and should not be treated as such.
Disclaimers Of Use
SAFELET will not be responsible in any manner for any injury, death or other damages that may occur while using a SAFELET device and/or any and all software designed, developed, distributed, and/or otherwise made available by SAFELET, including but not limited to the SAFELET App.
Except as otherwise expressly stated in the SAFELET Limited Warranty, no express or implied warranties of any type, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are made regarding the SAFELET devices and its related App. While SAFELET intends for the SAFELET devices and any and all software designed, developed, distributed, and/or otherwise made available by SAFELET Inc., including but not limited to the SAFELET App, to function as advertised, their functioning may not always be uninterrupted or error-free. THEREFORE, ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SAFELET DEVICES AND/OR THE SAFELET APP SHALL FUNCTION UNINTERRUPTED AND ERROR-FREE AT ANY TIME, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. Furthermore, SAFELET does not make any warranties as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the SAFELET devices and/or the SAFELET App.
Limitation Of Liability
NEITHER SAFELET Inc. NOR OUR PARTNERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM AND/OR RELATED TO THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY SAFELET DEVICE AND/OR ANY SAFELET APP, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, ALLERGIC REACTIONS, DEATH, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS AND/OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
The use of the SAFELET devices AND the SAFELET App is subject to further disclaimers and limitations of liability as set forth in the Terms of Sale, Terms of Service and SAFELET’s Limited Warranty.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS GENERAL DISCLAIMER MAY BE UPDATED, MODIFIED OR OTHERWISE CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME BY SAFELET IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION SO YOU ARE ADVISED TO REVIEW THIS GENERAL DISCLAIMER PERIODICALLY. ANY SUCH CHANGES SHALL ONLY APPLY TO ANY SERVICES PERFORMED FOR OR RENDERED TO YOU ON OR AFTER THE DATE OF ANY SUCH CHANGE.
DATE OF LAST UPDATE: JANUARY 21, 2020 (subject to further changes)